About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother who also has cystic fibrosis and a mitochondrial disease.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dreaming big...

Last night I laid in bed trying to sleep, but instead I was inspired to blog. Unfortunately I was too tired to get up and walk down the stairs and I knew that even if I could manage that I would not be able to go back up them. So I just laid there lost in my own thoughts.

What started me thinking?

I would have to say that Frank and I went to bed, and after getting in bed I realized my legs were itchy. Not bug bite itchy, but dry skin itchy. So Frank went down stairs to get my lotion, because he knew I couldn't make it down and back up again. So as I'm sitting there putting lotion on; I am reminded as to why I have dry skin that makes me itch. Not because it's winter, not because I take really hot showers or because of my medications; it is because my vitamins and minerals are low. It seems like every time I turn around something is reminding me that they are low. Like the cravings for tuna fish and turnip greens, and I don't mean craving as in "oh yeah that sounds good lets have that for dinner", I mean craving as in "OMG. I have to eat that right now, and if I don't get it I'm not really hungry for anything else".
I dropped my Critical Thinking class, because I can't think. Seriously, I'm forgetful and I get confused. So I decided that it would be a good idea to take a break. I have a clinic appointment next week and I'm hoping that NIH can help. I don't have health insurance so I am not able to get my IV therapy, which I really miss right now. I'd give anything to go it and be hooked up to a bag of multivitamin, trace minerals and lipids. So I'm hoping that some how my CF clinic might be able to help. I'm hoping that I can convince them to admit me for a tune up (you know you feel bad if you *want* in), but because this is all mito related who knows what they'll do. But a gal can dream, right?

1 comment: