About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother who also has cystic fibrosis and a mitochondrial disease.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Another week come and gone...

So this week has been a busy one, but we all managed to get through it fine! Kate got sponsored for a cooking class this past week, and she got one for a class in August too. I’m so excited for her, although I think my legs might need a vacation afterwards! But seriously, Kate has this opportunity to work with an amazing chef; so I’ll do what I have to do to make sure it happens. I know moms brag about their kids but I really think I have a wonderful, talented, and awesome daughter.
Other than that I had NIH this week, and things went ok. Frank has started taking me and when he can’t my brother does. I can’t drive that far anymore. Anyhow he isn’t used to getting the run around or the, “we don’t know what to do with you speech”; so if you ask him how the appointment went it was disappointing. I guess I should feel that way too but somehow I just can’t find it in me anymore to get upset. I mean don’t get me wrong I do spend many a night crying over this whole mess that is my health, but that is out of frustration, I think. Maybe it’s disappointment too…???


So my CF doc tells me about an undiagnosed disease clinic that is at NIH, and she wants to try to get me in. I’m all for that, it seems like NIH discovered these “novel” mutations and then a few years later decided it was too much work to keep up with. At times I feel like a bug in a jar, but I must be an uninteresting bug because they don’t even seem to be watching me anymore. So while I do have hope that NIH might come through, I will not be surprised if they don’t.
I suppose I should get used to the idea that no one will ever really understand me medically speaking. It’s difficult for me to explain to people what I have because while it is a mitochondrial disease, they cannot tell me anything more specific. The only thing more frustrating; to me, than having an invisible disease is having to tell people that you have an unknown (invisible) disease.
So tonight I’m sitting online and relaxing typing this blog post and playing on face book. My sleep schedule has been thrown off. I didn’t take pain meds all week, as I was driving, so know that I’ve taken one it’s keeping me awake. Frank is up stairs drawing, but I think I’m going to sneak in and go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment