About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother who also has cystic fibrosis and a mitochondrial disease.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's over

So for those who read my last blog entry you know that we had court on Thursday. Everything went well, and the birth mother gave up. She was very upset and said that she was doing this for Kate. No matter what hard feelings she may have for us; she put Kate before all of that. It was a great day and afterwards out family and friends went to Cracker Barrel to celebrate it all.
The next step is to wait for 30 days; the amount of time in which the BM could appeal, and then file for the adoption date. We are all so happy...

Also this weekend is my father in-laws birthday and as everyone knows Father's Day. So we have a pretty packed weekend. Kate has been invited to go camping with her brother Jesse and his family on July 4th week end, and I'm excited for her! She has never really been fishing and it sounds like he is going to teach her. It is just awesome that they have connected again, Kate missed him terribly. I'm not sure if my doctor will be ok with me going camping or not, so I guess we'll see...

This past week I started the Carnitor 330 3x a day, so I'm anxious to see if it has helped or looks like it will. I get bloodwork done every Tuesday so hopefully by the end of the week we'll know something!

No comments:

Post a Comment