About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother who also has cystic fibrosis and a mitochondrial disease.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Ready or not its Christmas time!

Ever since my Grandmother died I have had a difficult time getting into the Christmas spirit. I really try but it is always hard. I’m not sure if it is because she is not here or if it is because when she was gone my whole world changed, my focus shifted. I wanted to be like her, to be the one who helped everyone who needed it. Because I’m disabled – I live on a budget, I don’t have the strength or energy to see my family and friends as often, and I have learned the hard way that I cannot help everyone.

This year Christmas seems to be approaching so quickly that I don’t feel I’m ready! Not to mention my budget sure isn’t ready either. I’m Catholic, so Christmas has a deep meaning for me and my family that goes beyond presents. It is difficult though when you really want to give to others. Luckily my daughter will be home for a while so my husband and I have a month. Haha

I have been sick; I’m still working on getting better. My voice comes back, but not for long. I finally have energy to get Christmas cards out. Maybe.

Over the weekend, the cemetery had a candle vigil for the holidays and my husband and I went. It was beautiful and we loved it. I took a lighter and relit a few candles that had blown out, we were both cold but it was totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment