About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother who also has cystic fibrosis and a mitochondrial disease.

Friday, December 5, 2014

Time

I have been sick now for 22 days. Curious about what took me down? Not the flu, but a cold. The flu would have been disastrous. This was still rough, it still is. My husband was afraid to leave me to go to work, and when he did go he made sure someone was taking care of me. I spent a few days in the hospital, but left because they were doing nothing. They didn’t change any of my meds, they didn’t start any new meds, I had to ASK for CPT (!!!), the doctor didn’t even introduce himself, and they didn’t even figure out what is wrong!

Well, to be fair they gave me IV fluids and oxygen.

I saw my primary; she said it was probably a little cold that my body just couldn’t fight off. A little cold, she said! Something that took others 2 or 3 days to get over has been the bane of my existence for the last 22 days. Sometimes I forget I’m sick, forget that my life is not what it was. I am not feeling sorry for myself or looking for pity, I love my life. I love where I am and who I am surrounded by; my health is just a small facet of my life. So when I complain about it, it isn’t because I’m miserable but rather because some days it pulls my focus. I can’t think of anything else. I worry about things that I’m sure a lot of people my age don’t think about.

Because I consider life and death on almost a daily basis, I realize how much I love the people in my life. The ones who take care of me, the ones who offer to help, even those who put their heads in the sand. My life is not for the faint at heart, it’s not for the weak, and the people who have stuck around have shown me strength and love.
I appreciate them, I appreciate every second I have with them.

Time is precious.

Our time is finite.

Make your time matter.

Even if it is just helping your neighbor, or being a role model for the kid next door.

Do something guys.

Don’t wait. Do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment