About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother who also has cystic fibrosis and a mitochondrial disease.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

life...

So since it has been a while since my last blog I'll give you the dirt on what has happened since then!

~ The adoption day came, and despite being emotional it was my husband who told a story that made everyone cry. For once...it wasn't me!!! ;o)

~ My husband and I celebrated our 11th aniversary on the 22nd of August. We went on a weekend trip to Washington DC. Kate came with us, we always celebrate our anniversary with her.

~ My brother Pete turned 28 on the 23rd! He is doing well, I think. I always worry that he isn't. I guess that's the big sister in me. We are having Pete over this coming Friday for a birthday dinner! No matter how old he gets he'll still be my little brother, even if he is taller than me!

~ Kate is getting ready to start school next week and she is really excited about it! She went school shopping with her Nana and she had to get clothing from the juniors section...my little girl isn't so little anymore!



All in all this past week has been good, I had a NIH visit last Wednesday and my PFT's went up to 82% (FEV1) They were very concerned they would continue to trend down because of my inability to exercise lately. YAY!

2 comments:

  1. Yes it was Frank who made us all cry. It was a good story!! It had an impact on the judge too. I was waiting for you to say something that would make us cry and it didn't happen!!! LOL!!

    Happy Anniversary! Glad you guys had a good time.

    WooHoo!! An increase in #'s!! That is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chrissy! I'm a little late but congratulations on the adoption :) And Great job on the increase in PFT's!!! That's always awesome!

    ReplyDelete