About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother who also has cystic fibrosis and a mitochondrial disease.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Brother...

His name is Peter James, and he is four years younger than me. He does not have CF, he is just a carrier of the D F 508 gene. He has a few health issues of his own, but all in all he is healthy.

He is sweet and kind, he has a good heart and sense of humor. Pete is a caring guy. He works hard, and when he isn't working he is doing things for our mom and dad.
Pete worries about me a lot; although he won't tell me he does. I know it, I can see it when he looks at me and I can hear it when he talks to me. I can usually tell with most people; a talent I picked up a few years after my diagnosis. He lies about things to protect me, nothing big...all small little white lies or not telling me everything...but I can tell when he does it. Again it's a talent after years of dealing with doctors concerning my unknown mitochondrial mutation an CF. However with him I think I know because, we are connected.


I don't know if he read's my blog...but that's ok. I'm not really writing this for him, or for me. I'm writing this to tell those who read how lucky I am to have him for a brother. Sure he electrocuted me...twice; and yes he flushed my My Little Ponies hair brushes and ribbons down the toilet; no doubt he hit me over the head with a Tonka truck; and he totally hit me in the head with a wrench and a mop too. I can imagine the list of things I did in retaliation or to start the fights were just as rough! HAHA!


He is a great brother, and I could not ask for a better one. No matter what mistakes he has made or will make he will always be my little brother.

I figured that I'd blog about him today because I'm sick of blogging about me! I don't have any news anyway!!

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have such an awesome brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That's awesome. i have a young bro, too. He doesn't talk a lot about his feelings but I know he loves me and looks up to me. It's great to have siblings!

    ReplyDelete